Opening Hours / Admission
The Museum's opening hours may change due to security reasons, increased visitor numbers, bank holidays or organized events.
OPENING HOURS ON BANK HOLIDAYS FOR 2014 - click kere
- CHANGED OPENING due to technical reason
Saturday, 15 March: 10 am – 1 pm, entry until 12.30 pm for free.
Closing of Permanent Exhibitions: from 12.30 pm
Closing of temporary exhibition Raphael: at 12.50 pm
Ticket desk: 10 am – 12 pm (audio guide and photo tickets)
- The exhibition of Classical Antiquities can not be visited due to renovation works for an uncertain period.
We apologise for any inconvenience.
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 6 pm
Closed on Mondays (except on bank holidays when the museum will usually be closed the following work day)
Museum+ event days: 6 pm – 10 pm as well (only with Museum+ ticket)
TICKET DESK AND ADMISSION
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 5 pm
Museum+ event days: until 9 pm
Bank cards – Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, American Express, Union Pay;
Vouchers – Sodexho culture and book vouchers, Edenred Ticket Culture & Sport vouchers, Puebla Culture and Gift vouchers, Europark gift voucher, Posta Paletta.
SZÉP Card (Széchenyi Recreational Card ) – Please note that only the "Leisure Services" part of the account is eligible for the purchase of tickets to the museum. The other two accounts cannot be accepted for payment;
OTP CAFETERIA card.
Foreign currency is not accepted.
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 5.50 pm
Museum+ event days: 10 am – 9.50 pm
Tel: (+36 1) 469 7289, (+36 1) 469 7104
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 5.30 pm
Museum+ event days: 10 am – 9.30 pm
1146 Budapest, Szondi u. 77.
Monday – Friday 10 am – 6 pm
Closed on weekends and bank holidays
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 5.30 pm
Museum+ event days: 10 am – 9.30 pm (admission between 5 pm – 9 pm only with tickets for Museum+)
Egyptian Collection - revamped exhibition (from 13 December 2013)
Old Master Paintings
The Esterházy Madonna of Raphael is exhibited on the Raphael temporary exhibition. A number of paintings from the Italian Gallery showed at the Caravaggio to Canaletto temporary exhibiton will be presented again from the middle of March.
Department of Art after 1800
The ten best pieces of the collection of Modern French paintings (for example paintings by Monet, Boudin, Gauguin, Bonnard, Denis) are on show at international exhibitions. They will be showcased again in May 2014. Details >>
European Sculpture - new exhibition from 20 December 2013
Full price: HUF 1800
10% discount1: HUF 1600
50% discount2: HUF 900
Qualifications for discounts
Tickets (except 10% discount) can also be purchased in advance on the same price as above.
Tuesday – Sunday: 10 am – 5.50 pm
Museum+ event* days: 10 am – 9.50 pm (admission between 5 pm – 9 pm only with tickets for Museum+)
Triumph of Perfection - Raphael - Renaissance Drawings and Prints from the Museum of Fine Arts in Budapest
18 December 2013 - 30 March 2014 (updated: 20.11.2013)
Suggested visiting time: 1.5 hours
Please note that the exhibition area is air-conditioned, the expected temperature is 20°C.
If you would like to avoid queuing at the ticket desk, you can buy your ticket in advance online.
|on the day
|Full price:||HUF 2200
|10% discount1:||HUF 2000
|50% discount2,3:||HUF 1100
|Groups5 :||HUF 2000
|Groups (with discount tickets)6:||HUF 1000
Audio Guide HUF 500 – available for the permanent exhibition in English, German, Italian and Russian
Photo permit (without flash): HUF 300
Video permit: HUF 1500
Photography and video is permitted only in the permanent exhibition.
"MUSEUM+" event: occasionally 6.00 pm – 10.00 pm
admission: 5.00 pm - 9.00 pm
The location of Museum+ events alternates between the Museum of Fine Arts and the Hungarian National Gallery.
Events in 2014:
16 Jan – Passion (MFA)
13 Feb – Carnival (HNG)
6 March – Underground (MFA)
10 April – Men and Women (HNG)
8 May – Dance (MFA)
The programs may change.
Museum+ tickets ensure entry to temporary exhibitions as well if not indicated otherwise in the actual programme.
Full price: HUF 2800
Museum+ season ticket for 5: HUF 11000
Museum+ season ticket for 10: HUF 22000
Reduced price8: HUF 2000
Museum+ season-ticket for 5: HUF 8000
Museum+ season-ticket for 10: HUF 16000
Qualifications for discount
New Season-tickets are available valid between 1 January - 31 December 2014. They are transferable and can be used for the entry of more than one person at a time as well. All visitors with reduced price season-tickets are requested to verify their qualification for the discount.
Discounted tickets are available upon eligible ID presented to the ticket clerk at the time of purchase.
- Members of the Friends of the Museum of Fine Arts receive a one-time free admission to all temporary exhibitions and unlimited free admission to the permanent exhibitions.
1: 10% discount to all exhibitions: with partnership cards
Minicard, Show your Card! (for the holder +1 person);
Budapest Card: 10 % discount to the temporary exhibitions, free admission to the permanent collection
2,3: 50% discount for all exhibitions (only for citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA)):
• youths aged 6–26 years
• student groups arriving from shcools located within the EEA (disregarding citizenship), up to 26 years of age (from 15 persons extra group discount for the temporary exhibition)
• senior citizens aged 62–70 years
• for a max. of two adults accompanying at least two persons under 18 (except on the third Saturday of the month when the entry is free for them to the permanent exhibition)
Please note, that 50% discount does not apply to visitors not falling into the above age groups even if in possession of student or senior citizen ID.
5: For groups (10 % discount): for groups of 15 or more persons qualifying for normal tickets (price per person)
6: For group with concession (55 % discount): for groups of 15 or more persons qualified for 50% discount tickets (price per person).
8: Museum+ events:
Discounts available during regular opening hours are not valid. Free tickets cannot be claimed for these programs.
Reduced price tickets are available for:
• those who qualify for free entry to our temporary exhibitions during regular opening hours
• visitors under 26 (for the citizens of the European Economic Area only)
• visitors over 62 (for the citizens of the European Economic Area only)
• members of the Friends of the Museum of Fine Arts
Please note that free tickets can only be obtained on the day of the visit by presenting a proof of entitlement at the ticket desk.
Free admission for all exhibitions:
• children under the age of 6
• visitors with disabilities accompanied by a caretaker
• visitors over 70 years of age (for citizens of the European Economic Area)
• elementary or secondary teachers employed by a school located within the European Economic Area, with a pedagogue ID showing its validity (preferably International Teacher Identity Card, ITIC), or with a statement of employment issued by the school within the actual school year updated: 10 September, 2013
• ICOM and ICOMOS card holders
• journalists with Press Card (with photo identification)
• tour guide with an ID issued by a tour company along with a group of 10 or more persons
• all visitors on Hungarian National Holidays (15 March, 20 August, 23 October).
Free Admission for the Permanent Exhibition:
• every third Saturday of the month for visitors under 26 and max. two adults accompanying children under 18 (only for citizens of the European Economic Area), next dates: 15 March (closing at 12.30 pm!), 19 April, 19 May;
• for the holder of Budapest Card.
All tours must be booked in advance. For booking or for more information, please call (+36 1) 469 7180 or e-mail ZWR1Y2F0aW9uIzEhKyNtZmFiLmh1
Free guided tours of the permanent exhibition are available in English from Tuesday to Thursday at 11 am, 1 pm and 2 pm, on Fridays at 11 am and 2 pm, on Saturdays at 11 am. Further information on guided tours is available on our website here or at the Information Desk.
All visitors are kindly requested to use the cloak-room for security reasons. Please leave coats (unless they are being worn), umbrellas, backpacks, and those bags exceeding 30x40x20 cm.